Thursday, January 10, 2008

Settling into the grind

Wednesday would've been a great day to repeat the noon ride.  I thought the weather was going to go south but it gave us yet another surprise gift, which I unfortunately didn't take advantage of.  Indoor riding makes it that much better to enjoy the road riding when it happens.  Pretty cooked from Thursday night intervals, though.

It's already a barn burner of a year at work, as we have 5 deadlines at the latter part of this month, two by the middle of next month, and a monster project over the top of it all, sucking a lot of air out of the room.

Not that deadlines are anything unique to my work realm to the exclusion of everyone else...
The difference now is that I'm managing these deadlines by utilizing the extremely capable people that I work with, so that I can focus on bringing in more work to keep the beast fed.   For too long I tried to do it all, tried to please everyone, ended up pleasing very few.  So this change is good.

Speaking of which, the blog bug hit my friend/co-worker.  Check 'im out here.

No comments: