Sunday, January 27, 2008

Laughingstock

The events of the past few days proves to me that my 'Skins are fast becoming the league joke, once again as they were perceived before Danny hired St. Joe.  Yeah, I know it's his team, and he can do whatever he wishes, and and and.  But this particular owner has a way of myopically shunning the Big Picture in ways that continue to amaze me.  More cogent and thoughtful analysis exists on more respectable outlets, specifically real journalist vehicles like the Post and Sports Illustrated, etc.  I'm just a ranting fan.

To that end, as we peeled off the N2 ride due to respective family obligations, Kathy K and I were riding and chatting on River Road, when I interrupted her and screamed "MAKE UP YOUR MIND, DANNY BOY!" as we passed the Snyder manse.  By the end of the day, Williams and Saunders were gone, so clearly I am influential.  Maybe I need to be receiving some nice caish muney from the Boy Wonder for my insistent advising.

Time to join the BP ride.  It's way late, but I'm toodling today and I'll catch them somewhere along the route...

3 comments:

RayMan AKA StingRay said...

Did you read Sally Jenkins article, I think on Thurs or Friday? I normally don't read her ramblings, but she dead on. I don't know how any RedSkin fan can continue paying for anything that has to do with the Skins as long as DannyBoy is the owner. Yes, the skins are on their way to another several years of complete chaos.

I wonder what Joe think's about DannyBoy after the emperor king ignored Joe's recommendation to make GregW the #1 candidate? I'd really like to see Joe finally say something that he really means in a press conference.

Since, I've always hated the Skins, I love the way DB is completely ruining this team.

John(ny) said...

I share your glee, as much as I love the 'Skins. Sort of the way I feel about the Cowboys, but unfortunately they have a few SuperBowls to their credit under current ownership. Danny Boy's biggest problem is that he is trying to emulate Jerry Jones too much...

Frogman said...

The Redskins will never see another Super Bowl as long as Danny Boy is the owner. He makes me resent him and that takes away my love for the team. It is as if an impostor took the body of your spouse, or if a buffoon became the president (wait - oh, never mind). And his coach selection process? Hire all these assistants then look for a head coach. That's crazy like if someone tried having the vice-president call the shots for the presi... um, you know.

FM