Monday, January 7, 2008

0 fer 2

Well my dream matchup of a Redskins-Steelers Super Bowl is no longer viable...oh well.

So here's a short exchange between me and my buddy from 8th grade, who lives in Seattle, who I haven't seen since we were 20. Last time I talked to him was the last time the 'Skins were at Qwest field. This pretty much summarizes my weekend.

Hey Johnny,

Nice hearing from you , we were actually at the game when you called You sound well and I hope everything is good with you. I do have to say that the skins put a scare into us in Seattle but matt finally pulled his head out long enough to get us going in the second half of the fourth. it was very exiting , hopefully we can beat greenbay next Saturday. Saturday must have been a bummer for you since the Steelers lost at home shortly after the skins loss. Anyway Ill will call next weekend and catch up with you, say hello to your dad and mom for me as well ..late..Al

p.s. this is me and my wife at the game notice the 12th man flag .the green hat was free so that's my only explanation for its intolerable ugliness

So I said:

Yeah I thought a SuperBowl trip was in the cards when the 'Skins recovered that botched kickoff and the mo swung our way...for about 28 seconds. It was a great playoff game. I was a complete basket case by the end, so much so that I could barely watch the Steelers game especially at the rate they were going, so I ended up missing the exciting last quarter. So now I'm ABD (Anybody But Dallas) since my fantasy Skins Steelers Superbowl, which was win-win for me went up in smoke in a matter of 5 hours.I figured that you were at the game--I got your message tonight and it was good to hear from you. Sorry about losing contact 2 years ago (time flies!) but I think this should stick since I've got your mug to look at now (even with that thing on your head). See ya Johnny

Those sure were ugly hats. That's all folks.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Let me just say this...go Packers!