Saturday, January 19, 2008

Home alone

One thing about being home alone is the incredible opportunity to to absolutely nothing.  The other extreme is to try to do everything.  I have chosen a degree closer to the former.

The rest of the fam is out of town celebrating my mo in law's birthday, and I had alot of work to do so I decided to play catch up.  On my bike, that is.  Great ride today with Scott in the park, nice tempo pace, it was cold.  We saw what we think was the Artemis team ride climbing the hill toward the Nature Center as we were descending, and they were looking pretty unified.  Given that tomorrow's high will be 25, I figured a longer ride and a relaxing afternoon works best and I can go into the office tomorrow morning since only the truly demented will venture out early.

Maybe if I get everything done (work, errands, etc) I'll ride tomorrow, but we'll see how the weather holds and of course the indoor option will present itself at the end of the day.  With that I will have ridden 25 days with only one day off the bike, something I don't think I've done since I was racing in the late '80's.  Not that every day has been a gut buster, but with plenty of easy/recovery days mixed in to the past 3+ weeks, I've been turning the pedals pretty regularly, and the consistency has been quite beneficial, and not just on the bike.  If I can only transmit this consistency to the blog thing...

Life's good these days, and after tomorrow a scheduled rest week will be most welcome.

No comments: