Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Over and out

The hardest thing about dealing with a game 7 loss (in overtime, no less) is the realization that I won't get to watch my team for a guaranteed 4 more times.  October seems so far away.  Now I switch my allegiance to the Flyers' next opponent.

Go HABS!

Here's a"dad" moment:  I described to my son, in his sadness about the game result, that there is some dad and his kid(s) in Philly, another suburban middle class drone like me, ecstatic in inverse proportion to our disappointment about their Flyers.  The essence of being a sports fan.

I'm still ticked about that goalie interference non-call, though.  Time to do some intervals!


4 comments:

Kemal Tuncer said...

Just when I get interested, they go bust. I really need to stop becoming interested.

RayMan AKA StingRay said...

Caps have a great foundation of youth, and this series will be a great learning experience for them. If they can add 1-2 more grinders, they have a cup team.

Ovech is a class act. Have you ever seen any pro athlete of late actually applaud the fans the way he did after the game?

hfang said...

I was depressed last night after the loss. However you have to look at how they really turned around their season this year.
I'll definitely be looking forward to next year with the Caps.

Frogman said...

Despite the classic Caps Game 7 heartbreak, I was well entertained by their push to make the playoffs at the end of the season with every night like a playoff game. Too bad it didn't last, but I too am optimistic for next year, much more so than for the Snyder led 'Skins who I forcast to be 7-9, up from my previous 6-10 prediction. Why? Because they will abandon the West-Coast Offense with 4 games to play and finish on a pointless 3-1 surge.

If only 2008 meant we could elect a new owner. The parallels with W are creepy...