Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I hope I'm wrong

Despite an impressive victory over their divisional rivals from Carolina as they continue this incredible string of solid play, I'm afraid the Caps will miss the playoffs by a shade of 1 or 2 points.  That would be a major bummer, especially given their recent, shall we say, artful play.  Just preparing myself for the potential disappointment, as the Caps are the original Choking Dogs, a term so aptly coined by a Mr. T. Kornheiser.

On a side note, even those who do not like the sport of hockey owe it to themselves to observe, just once, the incredible talent of Alex Ovechkin.  He's the type of athlete that appears once a generation, and we're lucky to have him here.  His gift of making others around him better is a trait that I admire and is a quality that I can only hope to emulate as it applies to my own vastly different life.

2 comments:

RayMan AKA StingRay said...

If they make the playoffs, want to try and get tickets?

John(ny) said...

That's an affirmative.