Sunday, December 16, 2007

Feelin' like the weather

Warning: This will be boring (but short).

This is one of those weekends where no physical activity takes place, whether or not the weather allows it. I was planning on riding to Herndon via Poolesville and Whites Ferry after starting the N2 on Saturday morning, but I didn't even make it out the door. I figured that with Christmas coming it would probably be wise to take it easy--15 minutes shivering waiting for the White's Ferry crossing would've given me the chills. And cyclocross ended last week, so I'm due for a week off anyway.

Saturday we went to Cath and Bob's in Herndon to bake the annual Christmas cookies. Rainy Sunday morning meant that we chilled at home, and I worked on the permit drawings for the house. Almost done. Karen lost complete track of the days, though, and tried to get me out of bed to take Adam to school until I disabused her of that notion with a simple "but it's Sunday."

The one constant through this weekend is that I felt like the weather--cold and drafty. Snoozed for about an hour during the cookie baking when Cleo the cat parked herself on my chest and took one of her many naps.....

No comments: