Monday, December 10, 2007

6 goals = 2 lbs. of free wings


It's about time. In yet another windfall, my daughter and I were privy to the first home goal barrage by your Washington Capitals on Saturday night. By soundly thrashing the Atlanta club by a similar name, the multitudes got to redeem their ticket stubs for a pound of wings at the Austin Grill.
This being my second Caps post in as many weeks (see my other one...), I probably sound like a dedicated fan. I'm really not., though I was in the '90's. Fact is I am lucky to be in the right place at the right time when it comes to hockey and baseball tickets. The overwhelming generosity of my bro in law, fellow professionals, and vendors who want me to specify their product on my drawings have yielded me quite a few opportunities to attend these games. So instead of shelling out major clams for tickets, I get to shell out major clams for overpriced food and drink. Remember kids! Your money becomes Monopoly money when you enter the doors of any stadium or arena. "$8 for a hot dog? I'll take two then. Why, this warm, flat 12 ounce cup o' golden brew costs as much as a six of Heineken--sure--I'll take two of those too. And throw in a hot pretzel, willya? I luv shelling out a fiver for salty baked dough."

So I picked up the 2 pounds of wings after the Rockburn 'cross race and decided to share the bounty with my neighbor Paul, who not only loves Austin's wings but makes THE BEST Jamaican jerk wings ever. I figured that these were free, so why not spread the love.....

No comments: