Thursday, January 22, 2009

Not much to say about bikin'

I started this here blog as a result of reading other cycling related blogs, figuring that it was a good way to write about something that was mildly interesting.  My only internal caveat was that I wouldn't bog any readers down with details of my "training regimen".  Other thoughts:

Race reports?  Why bother?  I hardly race anymore.

Architecture and criticism?  Too esoteric.  

Detailed diary of my boring life?  Too personal and too, well, boring.

The music I listen too and try to play? God help us.

Family chronicles?  Too much potential for being a long drawn out and insufferable Christmas letter.

Angry vitriol about the complaint du jour?  Tiring and ubiquitous.

Politics?  Come ON.  We're in Washington.

Caps, Redskins, Nats, Bullets?  OK in doses, but I don't think I've ever written about Les Boulez.

Back to the bike, though.  Not much to say because I've ridden less these last couple of months than usual, and it hasn't been bothering me too much, other than the weight creeping back on the bones.  That will change soon.  Always does.

In the end this b-log is once again a vehicle for me to chronicle what's going on, and is a broad mix of the list above, which is OK.  This doesn't have to be about anyTHING in particular.  And with all of my friends coming out of the woodwork through FaceBook and LinkedIn lately, as well as getting calls and texts and emails every once in awhile, I can use this thing to tell some stories in an indirect sort of way.  With people I haven't seen in a long time, I reckon that they barely know me anymore in the same way that those who stumble upon this one do.  




No comments: