Friday, January 9, 2009

Impenetrable

I just bore witness to one of the most outstanding goaltending performances that I've ever seen in hockey, and I didn't even watch the whole game.

Steve Mason of the Columbus Blue Jackets stoned our Caps 3 nil.  NOTHING was going in, and when they beat young Mr. Mason honestly, the pipes had his back.  After Stecks missed the open net wide left, his next check was one of frustration--I'm sure the CBJ defenseman on the wrong end of the hit is still feeling it.  Even K, who normally doesn't pay attention to any of the sporting events that her husband and offspring watch, looked up from whatever she was doing to comment on the ferocity of Steckel's check.

It was bound to happen--only their 2nd loss at home this year.  They're not the SJ Sharks, but they're getting close.

I love watching hockey during the winter days...

No comments: