Sunday, June 1, 2008

A great race not seen..

It was an impressive ride, from all accounts, and I didn't get to see it.  Instead I watched my son's baseball game, also impressive in that the team did well and he is incrementally improving at a sport that requires tons o' skill and practice to even be mediocre.

Kind of like racing.

The ride I didn't see is Russ Langley's participation in the break that lapped the field at the CSC Invitational.  I wasn't there, so the details can be found here and here and here.  And given the amount of writing that my fellow cyclists are doing, more will be found here.  It's too bad he went down in the last lap, but was able to roll in on one of his teammate's rides to secure the top 12 or so finish.  I saw some photos that a friend took.  I felt like I was there.

Russ is a local pro.  I don't know him, nor he me.  I see him on rides (very briefly) and sometimes at a coffee shop in Chevy Chase.  He seems pretty quiet, definitely intense, and committed to racing well.  It showed today.

From afar, congrats to Russ Langley. 


1 comment:

GamJams said...

Johnny-
I need those photos your friend took. Can you hook me up?

allez,
Mike