Thursday, June 19, 2008

Adult fun

It's been two weeks since the Great Carvel's Adventure and frankly, I've been unmotivated to do many things due to an enormous elephant in my office that has been sucking all the available oxygen out of the room.  Besides that, the end of year flurry at school and both baseball seasons coming to an end have also contributed to this lack of reflecting, which is primarily the reason I'm writing now.

Kids are at the in-laws this week, giving K and I ample time to...work.  Of the 4 evenings where we could've had some quality time, we carved out two for dates, the other two for getting stuff done that will make life around the edges of work a little easier.  How romantic.

Reminds me of a time a couple of years ago when we found ourselves, in the middle of the week, during the school year, with about 4 hours to ourselves in the afternoon.  Prime time.  We saw some friends later that evening, and they asked us how we spent such sweet found time, clearly reacting to our respective youthful glows.

A 2 hour hard ride in Rock Creek Park for me and a clothes shopping trip for K never came at a better time... 

No comments: