Monday, May 4, 2009

It's been a while...

since I’ve posted, a direct result of ennui and entropy, a sure fire guarantee for listless living, lately. I didn’t mean to alliterate (twice), but it just came out that way.

I’m now out of my funk that began late last summer, at least I think I am. I was sitting at the SF airport when I first wrote this, waiting for my flight home from the AIA Convention. Last time I wrote in an introspective way I was in LA with Karen, about 6 weeks ago. It was that trip that sparked the idea of this trip. I’ve been practicing architecture for 15 years, immersed in it for almost 20, and have rarely justified the time or expense that is required for me to look outside myself and learn from this incredibly rich and robust group of people.

Let’s just say that now I’m jazzed, and I see the opportunity to act upon some inspiration that has been revealed to me by scraping away the layers of bad juju that have accumulated over time, due to myopia and pessimistic thinking. I can already feel those dominoes starting to fall and by this time next month I will have finished the bathroom, added on a porch, lost 20 pounds, landscaped the entire yard, written a bestseller, and saved the economy. Not to mention learn how to make sushi.

Goals are nice, no?

No comments: