Sunday, October 26, 2008

Lots has been goin' on

and I'm pretty tired lately. The renovation is going on schedule, and I hung the entire ceiling this weekend, something I wasn't planning on doing, but once I got started it was pretty systematic. Ten sheets of drywall overhead can cause Chaplin-esque moments as I'm trying to control dead weight directly above me with 2 deadmen who sometimes have minds of their own. I figured that if I hung it right then finishing would less of a pain in the ass, but there's no avoiding that either way.

Mixed in a 'cross race today (DCCX) and had a great time, but given my abject lack of training, especially a dearth of interval work, I cramped massively toward the end of the race. When I finished it was all I could do to rub these cramps out, as they were in opposing muscle groups and relief on one side was met with pain on the other.

So that's it. Work is work, it's Sunday, and here we go again.

No comments: