Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Little by little

The office move is substantially complete, though I still have some boxes to finish unpacking.  The volume of work is steady but reducing in intensity, and the space is arranged in such a way that we can see virtually everyone in the studio, with no major visual blockage.  There's some cool volume to the space that really feels different than a standard office floor.  It's going to turn out quite a bit better than I expected.

The open plan has its downsides, too, as I was on a phone call and everyone was giggling in a way that became irritating, and I almost resorted to the old "Hey let's cut this out and get back to work because we're too busy to laugh" speech, the standard management mantra.  Until I saw the source of the amusement, an image of the newest father in the office proudly holding his day old infant in his arms.  Only this infant had the photoshopped head of another poor bearded soul in our office, an image so unsettling that my irritation dissolved into peels of laughter that joined the chorus.  There were no innocent bystanders here.  I still laugh thinking about it, and was in tears as I was describing it to the fam at dinner.

I asked the perpetrator of this heinous and hilarious crime not to post the image on the wall as I will not be able to suppress laughter if I were to look in that direction, which is and will be often (pardon the butchering of the pluperfect--or is it subjunctive?).  Next source of entertainment will be one these cool Air Hogs Havic Heli's buzzing around.

No comments: