Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A solid 8

Zzzzzz

Every once in a while I get to experience the shear pleasure of eight hours of sleep, unencumbered by fitful dreams, remnants of daily tension,  or nature's interruptions, where I wake up with no trace of grogginess.  

One of the skills that I learned in architecture school was the ability to grab snippets of sleep and take advantage of them wholeheartedly, so as to avoid the dreaded all-nighters that literally wreak havoc on the body.  After about a half dozen of those I figured out that the body doesn't work well without that recharge opportunity.  I've gotten to really take advantage of those short snatches of slumber, usually around 5-6 hours nightly, sleeping hard.

No real point here, other than my appreciation of those opportunities to lose myself in the arms of morpheus, as my grandfather always used to say.


No comments: