Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Reset

In an earlier post, I wrote about blogging as a way to write about what comes to mind in a not so entirely self-conscious manner. I've tried writing in journals all my life, to no real effect other than documenting my life in snippets and in a voice that is stifled by a sense that someone may stumble upon these passages and, well, laugh hysterically at my meanderings (and that's not a good thing, as this perceived laughter would be AT me instead of WITH me).

But now that this is out in the open, one would think that self censorship is limiting. [[Analogy Alert!!]] Writing in a journal is like designing from scratch. With no boundaries, I actually find the process of creativity more constrictive. In architecture there are no new ideas, only the innumerable variations of set patterns. Start with a pattern and the world is your oyster...Blogging in an environment where I know that a couple of people will see this, and now I can have some fun, since, like most of us social beings, I yearn for an audience. And at this point I really don't care who laughs AT me.

I'm also getting forgetful in my approach to middle age, so that means that this blog will also be a record of how I'm spending the ever-so-swiftly passing years.

No comments: